Skip to main content

Beer, Bikes, and New Dresses

Today I am grateful for free time and beer. After a somewhat crazy day, and while looking forward to a sure to be crazy day tomorrow, I finally get to sit down and enjoy a nice beer while I write!

This weekend was fun-filled, for sure. It began with Stephanie and I going to Good Dirt and making ceramic pots on the wheel. We were the class clowns, as we continued making fun of each other throughout the teacher's lessons. Oh well. We were having fun.

I love the photo of the garage door to Good Dirt. It seemed beautiful to me.


One of my pots will be bottom-less. But, ah, such is life. On a related note: My original subject was beer and pots...but I didn't want to get the stinky eye from anyone. Hahaha




Jennifer and Stephanie
After our romantic evening at Doc Cheys and then Good Dirt, Stephanie and I met up with Jennifer, and then Paige and Jason. After a drink, Stephanie, Jennifer and I decided to run down to Highwire. This is when the bottom fell out of the sky and drenched us all. Most fun I've had in the rain in a long time. I am grateful for rainy summer nights and enjoying bloody marys while soaking wet with friends.

Noel came up Saturday and we spent way too much money downtown. But, I got some beautiful items at Gig Worn (Facebook page). The photos have somehow disappeared from my phone, but I assure you, the dress and ring I purchased were beautiful. So beautiful that Paige almost nabbed the dress before I did!

We met up with Lindsay and Will downtown later and had a great night with them at Trappeze. We then moved to Max Canada to see some old friends play. See the Futurebirds Flagpole record review here.



Then, we move to Sunday. Another fun filled, eventful day. Noel worked for most of it, which is okay because it gave me plenty of time to make my BBQ Mushroom Quesadillas for Paige's potluck party. But, before we did that, Noel bought a brand new recycled bike! I'm very excited that he has a bike and that we'll be able to ride around together now. Which brings me to BikeAthens.

On Sunday evening, I was voted in as one of the newest BikeAthens board members. I'm pretty stoked to be serving on my first board, and very excited that they're already sending projects my way. It's a pretty interesting organization and I think it fits well with my interests. Maybe they'll finally get me riding my bike more often. (1 point for me, this morning, rode my bike to work and back this afternoon).


And now, I must sleep. NEGA United Way Day of Caring tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seen and Sewn Together Blog Tour

I’m Claire of Claire_Crafted . I’m an avid sewist – but only in the free time I have after my day job (health policy work) and spending time with my husband and toddler. Arielle from Seen & Sewn Patterns graciously allowed me to participate with the hack I did of the Aspen Tank pattern. The pattern is super simple, so it left lots of room for creativity – which is exciting but can sometimes be overwhelming at the same time! Ultimately, I decided that the pink clay linen I bought from Stone Mountain and Daughter Fabrics went perfectly with the adorable cotton raccoon fabric I bought at the Denver quilt show last spring. I also only had one yard of it, so the size of the yoke was perfect. Once I picked out the fabrics, I had to decide how I wanted to hack the pattern. Again, it’s a very straightforward pattern, so that left a lot of possibilities! As I contemplated the options, I realized that the popover placket Kalle Shirt pattern from Cl...

Apricots and Coffee

Today, I am thankful to have family recipes that are so delicious. I am sitting here, early in the morning, listening to the sounds of my gas oven turn on and off as my Baked Apricots cook. This is another Boozer family recipe (shhhh, secret). Yet, none of them are overly complicated. My favorite part of Thanksgiving growing up was when my mom let me crush the crackers for the Baked Apricots. I would crush, crush, crush some more, and come back and say, how do they look? She would say nope, needs some more crushing. I just remember it taking me forever to crush those crackers! But, it was always worth it in the end: Baked Apricots. Another family must-have for our Thanksgiving is Sauerkraut. Yum. I was talking to Mama Liz (mom's mom for those who don't know) the other day and we were planning out Thanksgiving. The first thing she said was, "well you know we have to have sauerkraut for Papa Joe. He loves sauerkraut." And I said, you know, so do I! She laughed a...

Risotto and Sonny Perdue

Today I am grateful that I woke up to Noel kissing me on the cheek as he was leaving. Today Sarah, Cheryl and I went to the ribbon cutting of the MCG/UGA Medical School Partnership. It was not as much hot as it was extremely humid...and I immediately drenched the dress that Julie gave me. I have never gotten so many comments about a dress before. I am grateful to Julie for giving me some great new clothes. My whole outfit today cost about 5 dollars. That doesn't count the underwear...but you can't count that because underwear is expensive. I love this great dress that Julie gave me, bottom line. This is a photo of Cheryl and I fake cutting the ribbon before the actual ribbon cutting.  I know my posts always involve food...but I love to cook. I found this recipe in a magazine and it was all about green food. Recipes for zucchini, pea soup and then this one were in the article.  Who can resist a big helping of spinach and goat cheese risotto made with vegetable stock and...