Skip to main content

Dog walks and Candyland

Today I am grateful for the beautiful turning weather. I am not a fan of the summertime so when the fall/winter weather starts....I'm a very happy little child.

On Friday night, Noel and I joined Eddie and Kristi (happily engaged as of recent!) for dinner at The Thinking Man Tavern for dinner. It was a delicious fried green tomato sandwich. I got the side of black beans and rice...but I'm really regretting that because they had amazing potato rounds. But, this is the best thing about this restaurant:





Candyland!




I have been on what seems like millions of walks this weekend. We went to pick Toby, my sisters dog, up from Will's parents house and ran into this beauty on the way:









I can't wait to have my own house that I will decorate and add character to. That'll be the day.




Lastly, Donovan and I have been bonding a lot lately (walks and all). He's starting to really like me. Better be careful, Noel. I might steal your baby boy.









After our walk together. He's so happy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Risotto and Sonny Perdue

Today I am grateful that I woke up to Noel kissing me on the cheek as he was leaving. Today Sarah, Cheryl and I went to the ribbon cutting of the MCG/UGA Medical School Partnership. It was not as much hot as it was extremely humid...and I immediately drenched the dress that Julie gave me. I have never gotten so many comments about a dress before. I am grateful to Julie for giving me some great new clothes. My whole outfit today cost about 5 dollars. That doesn't count the underwear...but you can't count that because underwear is expensive. I love this great dress that Julie gave me, bottom line. This is a photo of Cheryl and I fake cutting the ribbon before the actual ribbon cutting.  I know my posts always involve food...but I love to cook. I found this recipe in a magazine and it was all about green food. Recipes for zucchini, pea soup and then this one were in the article.  Who can resist a big helping of spinach and goat cheese risotto made with vegetable stock and...

Apricots and Coffee

Today, I am thankful to have family recipes that are so delicious. I am sitting here, early in the morning, listening to the sounds of my gas oven turn on and off as my Baked Apricots cook. This is another Boozer family recipe (shhhh, secret). Yet, none of them are overly complicated. My favorite part of Thanksgiving growing up was when my mom let me crush the crackers for the Baked Apricots. I would crush, crush, crush some more, and come back and say, how do they look? She would say nope, needs some more crushing. I just remember it taking me forever to crush those crackers! But, it was always worth it in the end: Baked Apricots. Another family must-have for our Thanksgiving is Sauerkraut. Yum. I was talking to Mama Liz (mom's mom for those who don't know) the other day and we were planning out Thanksgiving. The first thing she said was, "well you know we have to have sauerkraut for Papa Joe. He loves sauerkraut." And I said, you know, so do I! She laughed a...

Chocolate Swiss, Amaretto, and Peanut Butter Cups

Today I am grateful for Marble Slab ice cream. A delicious combination of chocolate swiss and amaretto ice creams with peanut butter cups....really puts a nice end to the evening. I don't go for ice cream very often, but it's an old pastime of Lindsay's and mine...so we indulged ourselves today after eating a huge bowl of buttered pasta (also another favorite of ours) and then going to the vet school to get some samples done on Toby's (seen here) arm. Tomorrow is back to work again, but today was a productive day for the most part. I'm excited about several projects that we're working on and loving working with coworkers to get them done. I'm grateful for my job and the people that work there with me. Go ACCA!