Skip to main content

Kayaks and Ice Cream Cake

Today I am grateful for my family. They are always going out of their way to see each other and I love that I see my cousins that live in Paris at least once a year.
Yesterday I left around 5:45 AM and got in around 12PM. It wasn't a bad drive at all. I even drove through Manning and saw the crazy party that is going on for this Greene character.

Here are my cousins after we went kayaking in Georgetown:


Afterwards we went to dinner in Georgetown and now I am grateful for herb-crusted goat cheese. Yum.

I got to drive the cousins (oldest is 10 years younger than me) around all night which was fun. Kids can be kinda fun sometimes! My cousins are pretty fun to hang out with.

We came back and made an ice cream cake for Katie's 12th birthday:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Risotto and Sonny Perdue

Today I am grateful that I woke up to Noel kissing me on the cheek as he was leaving. Today Sarah, Cheryl and I went to the ribbon cutting of the MCG/UGA Medical School Partnership. It was not as much hot as it was extremely humid...and I immediately drenched the dress that Julie gave me. I have never gotten so many comments about a dress before. I am grateful to Julie for giving me some great new clothes. My whole outfit today cost about 5 dollars. That doesn't count the underwear...but you can't count that because underwear is expensive. I love this great dress that Julie gave me, bottom line. This is a photo of Cheryl and I fake cutting the ribbon before the actual ribbon cutting.  I know my posts always involve food...but I love to cook. I found this recipe in a magazine and it was all about green food. Recipes for zucchini, pea soup and then this one were in the article.  Who can resist a big helping of spinach and goat cheese risotto made with vegetable stock and...

Apricots and Coffee

Today, I am thankful to have family recipes that are so delicious. I am sitting here, early in the morning, listening to the sounds of my gas oven turn on and off as my Baked Apricots cook. This is another Boozer family recipe (shhhh, secret). Yet, none of them are overly complicated. My favorite part of Thanksgiving growing up was when my mom let me crush the crackers for the Baked Apricots. I would crush, crush, crush some more, and come back and say, how do they look? She would say nope, needs some more crushing. I just remember it taking me forever to crush those crackers! But, it was always worth it in the end: Baked Apricots. Another family must-have for our Thanksgiving is Sauerkraut. Yum. I was talking to Mama Liz (mom's mom for those who don't know) the other day and we were planning out Thanksgiving. The first thing she said was, "well you know we have to have sauerkraut for Papa Joe. He loves sauerkraut." And I said, you know, so do I! She laughed a...

Chocolate Swiss, Amaretto, and Peanut Butter Cups

Today I am grateful for Marble Slab ice cream. A delicious combination of chocolate swiss and amaretto ice creams with peanut butter cups....really puts a nice end to the evening. I don't go for ice cream very often, but it's an old pastime of Lindsay's and mine...so we indulged ourselves today after eating a huge bowl of buttered pasta (also another favorite of ours) and then going to the vet school to get some samples done on Toby's (seen here) arm. Tomorrow is back to work again, but today was a productive day for the most part. I'm excited about several projects that we're working on and loving working with coworkers to get them done. I'm grateful for my job and the people that work there with me. Go ACCA!